View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #23
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
That's the funny thing, being the General Manager of a multimillion dollar remodeling company, I am just slightly intimate with the labor burden you speak of. I also never said that this would take less than an hour in total, but more than ten minutes for oil to drain, come on!

Think about how many of these services they do in a week.

I still love the comments downplaying the expertise of a licensed master electrician to perform this service. Considering they are qualified to install a generator, you would think they would be qualified to perform this service.
I said 2 hours, from your post I thought you were implying 10 minutes. I never said draining oil would take more than 10 minutes. Anyway, it sounds like we are in closer agreement than I thought. As an engineer, engineering manager and an owner for different companies that made things and sent people out for service I've been around the cabbage patch a few times before too. Nothing will put you out of business quicker than underpricing something like this. Overpricing can be bad too, but at the end of the day if you lose money you are out of business pretty quickly. I think about an hour sounds right for servicing if nothing messes you up and everything is easily accessible. You still have to pay the guy (or gal) to get there, provide a vehicle and other things people don't think of when they look at a price.

Best way to figure out if you are getting the best price is to get more quotes, but sometimes the cheapest price isn't the best deal.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITD For This Useful Post: