View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #15
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of Waiting View Post
If I was to disconnect the batteries (2) in my truck to change the oil the engine computers would reset and have to be put through the whole learning process again. The controls need to learn the position of all the mechanical sensors and controls and then re-learn MY driving pattern.

So read your manual before just disconnecting batteries.

ToW
Yikes, so you cannot even change the batteries in your truck without resetting the computer, got to love modern vehicles.

I will have to check the manual of our Denali HD Diesel to see what that one says, also (2) batteries.

As for the rest of this thread, it seems as though folks are getting defensive about justifying spending the kind of money that these service contracts require.

Just know I am offering an explanation of the real costs involved in the repair and maintenance of these units. We have overseen the installation of over 30 of these units in the last 5 years alone, so my experience is deeper than just one or two. I am paid to find inefficiency in production and the best price for our customer, while keeping our company running today as well as tomorrow. I see numbers as black and white, it either adds up or it doesn't.

I apologize if I come off as snarky or condescending, its just that I possess information that the average consumer does not; some want to hear it, others don't.

It does not matter to me or anyone else really if you are comfortable paying the going rate. Cate seems to feel the same way I and several of our customers do and I offered her an alternative solution.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote