View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 06:57 AM   #82
2Blackdogs

A link for the weather-history on June 15th:
http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...y=15&year=2008

The site, Ellacoya State Park, is very close to Diamond Island. You can't get much closer for weather history!

Ellacoya recorded a precipitous drop in temperature at 2:40am, at the time that the doctor said the rain started. Also, that would be about the time that the MP arrived, who also reported rain.

Some wrote that a 45-minute response time was appropriate for the radar-equipped NHMP. Five minutes, ten minutes.......... maybe.......but 45? I disagree, of course.

From a steady temperature, a two-degree drop occurred at 1:45am, and could account for reports of light fog at that time. No fog was reported upon initial contact by the doctor. (He could witness, and did see, the scope of the emergency even as the Formula had drifted 20 feet away from shore.)

All this is consistent with other time-line reports.

That the AP said it was "black" doesn't make sense. The moon was full. Even with an overcast night sky, the moon will cause the lake to glow impressively. But then, I don't "run the plotter", or have any electronics glow to take away my night vision.