View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 01:22 PM   #28
chasedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowit View Post
One thing I would like to know is there anything in the Condo Assoc. Docs that say the Marina will offer docking space for temp tie ups for islanders and such so that they may access the store.

The other clause about dock owners having access to the parking area is very clear. The store is in violation of that right.

On another note, the "prison gates" that the marina installed are the ugliest thing I have ever seen. They do nothing to keep folks off the docks. They are very easily bypassed. Remove them. Offer space for temp tie ups and I bet the barricades will disappear. A little cooperation can go a long way.

Just my two cents.
This following post was taken from I boat Winnipesaukee forum. It tells the real story.
"I would like to jump in and clarify a few things. I HAVE skin in this game, as one of the original owners of a Pier 19 dock. We once had an agreement with the previous store owners to allow use of our North pier in payment of rent. They stopped paying. In the meantime we have had multiple issues with non-owners on the docks with belligerent, rude behavior and causing damage and theft to the slip owners boats. I for one received a tankful of water in my gas tank in return. Caused serious damage to my engine and the boat never ran very well after. I had to buy a new engine.

Because previous store owner stopped paying rent for our dock space, and to assure peace of mind for dock owners we had to make a very difficult decision to gate our docks. It was a difficult decision and some members didn't want to. But the liability was to great. At our last annual meeting and the new store owner attended the meeting because they are part of the association In fact they are a member of the board of Directors. But refuse to admit that they are. But at our meeting we ALL voted to keep the docks gated.

I want all of you FOLKS with your false opinions about this to just think...
These docks were and are a huge investment to allow us to get to our homes, Yes, OUR Homes. We have a right to protect our investment and to feel safe in doing so.
I also have a right to not be confronted by threatening, entitled, non-members while trying to get to my home.
We are not the only condo that limits public access to our docks for very much the same reasoning. It is unfortunate that we have to deal with this.
PLEASE stop with baseless lies about us. Unless you are an owner, or a member you don't know the real story and the TRUTH!
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post: