View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 07:39 AM   #10
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default I agree with Baygo

I actually had a conversation with a man who for decades will only work long enough to collect unemployment. Because of his color, it would be difficult to fire him for his laziness, so it is more convenient to lay him off. This man will hop from state to state when the state department gets wise to his ways.

At one time you can only draw unemployment if you were laid off. If you were fired there are certain situations for unemployment. Once you are collecting you need to prove you are actively seeking work and applying applications. At times there will be classes to attend. This is the way it is supposed to work.

States vary how one can collect. Some are strict, some not. California used to be a real pansy, not sure now. States also vary on how they payout. I used to work in Nashua. It's a known fact that NH has a maximum payment well below Massachusets. Many folks choose to live in Mass and work in NH because of this.

Orientation and training is a big expense in any industry. Plus the HR expense of hiring a new employee. The new bill will create a huge headache for the employer when one knows he can easily collect unemployment.