View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #14
NHBUOY

...I know most of those guys too...I got a ride in basty/Sutphen (RARE boat btw) when Rich G. owned it..didn't know Rivard had owned it...I was familiar with his Rayson..wicked fast...I was an Alton kid but got around pretty good..lol...There were a bunch of guys that had Coles, Sangers, Millers, Rayson-Crafts.etc with blown/injected/MONSTER motors..I got friendly with Jim C. and his friends...Jim's WAS a true 145-150 mph 1/4 mile boat and his friends weren't far behind...If you thought the boats were hot, they had women to match...they would do runs out of the Bay...it was like NE Dragway for an hour every sat afternoon...it was great...loud, fast boats, half-nekked wimmin, & loud guys with Mr.T starter kits with money..they were gone after 2 summers...guess why..lol..side note on Basty Nastard..I was always "into" cars & boats...I was looking for a project boat to do and after seeing/riding in the Basty, I ended up "ground-upping/restifying" a 22 Tahiti Boss w/a healthy 460 w/a Berk jet...This boat AND Dick M.'s Schiada were featured in Hot Boat magazine in 1982-ish...Hey Bh, you're obviously from the Weirs end of the lake from the names of "our" friends...I have a pic of a group (8?) of boats (my jet included) tied up at the Weirs dock that would blow your mind..haha..If I say APBA/RNE what will you say..?..lol...I got Moore Dam stories too...pun intended...the secret word is OUTBOARDS...

Last edited by NHBUOY; 05-21-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: date redeux