View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 03:41 PM   #92
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default It goes on

Even as I write this, some moron in a wake boat has been in front of my house going up and down with the stereo blasting for the last hour. My best guess is that they are about 1 1/2 to 2 miles out and the stereo sound is louder here, inside my house, than I would listen to it in my car.

These wake boarders have no consideration, and I believe no realization of how many homes and families they disturb when they go out to play. Maybe they don't care. I was going to jump in my boat and go ask them to have one of their crew come over and listen to the disturbance from shore. But, I still don't think they would get it and I will pass on the confrontation.

Someone mentioned here that many people tow skiers, tubers, and other things on the lake. Yes they do, and I have done that myself many times. But, without the large wakes and loud stereos. That is where these things go overboard and impact everyone in the area.

Have all the fun you want but when it reaches a level that it consistently encroaches on the enjoyment of others and damages the shoreline it should be regulated and consideration should be given to ban it from the lake. The high tower mounted speakers should be made illegal the same as loud exhaust is. You want loud music while you play? Buy a waterproof Bluetooth headset and have at it!

Maybe the Marine Patrol could bring out the decibel meters they used to use on exhaust noise and check stereo noise.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: