View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 01:49 PM   #15
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Tis, I've had an umbrella policy since the early 1980's. I was working for an insurance company at the time as a personal lines underwriter, and my training indicated I was a prime candidate for having one.

I coached Little League, was involved in other volunteer activities, operated boats and snowmobiles I did not own, carpooled kids to swim meets, etc. .

I opted for a $1 million PXC (umbrella) policy with $300k underlying coverage on my auto and homeowners. I have kept that policy in force for all these years, but have increased my underlying to $500k. For me, today's litigious society mandates such coverage.

When I took out my policy, and when I changed companies primarily due to moving, the maximum coverage was $5 million. Could be higher now.

In a phrase, cover your ass-ets!

Dave

Hate auto correct. Should be policy, not pouch.
I know you can get umbrella policies for millions, but I had no idea you could get personal liability ( like on your boat, your car, your homeowners' etc) for a million which is what Doobs is saying he has. I had said I think he is talking about his umbrella and this is how he replied:

"No, I have an umbrella also but it excludes my boat due to engine size. My actual policy carries a million in liability coverage but I do agree that for $2.00 savings you’d be crazy to take that policy. "
tis is offline   Reply With Quote