View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 08:51 PM   #9
kauriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Got a quote from Progressive. They are trying to match or better what I currently have. Currently pay $147, they came up with $145.
Key difference is the liability coverage, old was 100/300/100.
Progressive is 50/100/50. Progressive claims it is more than sufficient.
Progressive comp/collision is $12,000 compared to $10,510
Progressive deductible is $1000 compared to $250. Progressive reduced the deductible by $250 a yr till $0 in 4 years if I make no claims.
Progressive tow coverage is $30 compared to $200. Really not needed as I have Boat US coverage.
No mention of the sign and glide

The question I have is how much liability coverage should I have?
My neighbor has 250/500/250 and pay the same premium but with another company.

I did have a discussion with a financial planner. This makes sense why pay liability coverage for each automobile, boat etc. When one liability coverage should be sufficient for all, sort of like a blanket policy?

Comments?
Did you ask for revised quote with higher liability coverage or play around with coverage on their website? When I did online request I could adjust options - we ultimately went with 100/300/50 which is $43 for year for liability portion (this is our first boat so we may be paying more). We are also paying more to start with $500 deductible (the deductible portion is costing us $127/year). In a few years we will likely increase deductible but being new we figure there is a greater chance we may need to make a claim in the next year or two than down the road. Total for entire policy came out to $327 for year including the towing. I am hoping we don't need to use towing frequently so hopefully the savings is worth the potential longer wait if/when we need a tow.
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote