View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
fatlazyless

Waterville Valley or Gunstock.....probably a lot depends on who you get for a ski instructor. Skiing at WV over the Christmas holiday week is probably the worst week of the whole season to be there due to the large crowd of skiers, and the small number of open trails. WV has about 52 trails total, and is is not really a good skiing experience until they get about 35 trails open. 603-236-4144 In the real world of numbers, 50 trails open translates into about ten different skiing routes from top to bottom.

Gunstock has some new beginner trails centered around their new Penny PItou Silver Medal, slow & low, quad lift.

WV is a little taller and a little longer mountain than Gunstock and probably would be better for a strong intermediate but for a beginner, could be Gunstock is better.

I've skied Gunstock only once in the last 40 years so I'm no expert....that's for sure....but something tells me that Gunstock probably has better beginner instructors....since it's more of a family and local schools type of an area.

Gunstock has a very nice old traditional base lodge which actually has a view of the ski slopes while WV has blocked off most all of the views from their base lodge.......go figure that out?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-18-2009 at 08:58 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote