View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 04:47 PM   #12
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
This was your quote

“Something about the property/location itself doesn't seem to sit well with them.”

Which implied there was something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
And I went on to explain why the Sander's property did not sit well with them.

The Irving property doesn't sit well with them because of location, much the same as the Sander's.

The Bahre property was placed for sale because the son passed away, and the generational nature of it no longer became a defining factor into ownership.
The part of the property with the deceased son's home on it is still for sale.

It sold mostly for the value of land because the widow no longer wanted to deal with it. She could have held out for a better offer - especially in this market - but didn't see the personal value to her time or efforts on the matter.

When we sold the Winnisquam property, we were asked what was wrong with it. I stated nothing. It was purchased for the easy access to the lake for fishing and duck hunting. The lake had been further developed and that changed the nature of what could be done and the quality. The people that purchased it didn't hunt or fish... so not an issue for them.

When we later sold the Crystal Lake property, I was asked the same question. Nothing wrong with the property, just a medical incident (non-emergency) occurred and on the way to LRGH, I realized how long it took from Crystal Lake into Laconia. In an emergency, I felt that distance/time to be too great.

Nothing wrong with the properties, the locations just didn't sit well with me.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote