View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 01:27 PM   #95
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Then you are the only person in the country that complains when their retirement account increases. I never said you were not proud of your accomplishments, As I am.

I took over a family business that was near bankruptcy and 20 years later more than doubled my sales, my fleet and employees not to mention what I help build in NYC and sold it for a nice profit but I am still concerned in my semi retirement that my accounts appreciate
I was very happy when my IRA was going up but I also expected it to come back down to reality, just not this way.
I've been through quite a few recessions so another one comes as no surprise. The surprise is what has caused it.
I was a small business owner for over 35 years so I know what the struggles are. I started with nothing, I had no family business and no college education. The only way I knew to get through recessions was to roll up my sleeves and work harder. Any successful business owner knows that the 40 hour work week is for employees only.
I'm registered as an Independent so I don't vote party lines. I vote for who I have the most respect for at the time. I really wish I could say I had respect for this President. But my respect is not money driven.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post: