View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 08:35 AM   #2
steve-on-mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
I rarely tip at the gas dock, nor do I tip when I get gas for my car (usually self-serve, but I do sometimes go in and pay cash rather than credit at the pump). When I go to a store that uses Square I always decline to give a tip when it pops up on the screen. That said, I always tip, and tip well, at restaurants and the few occasions where I think it is expected or earned.

I tend to boat to get back and forth, to get to a destination, or to do water sports. I don't go to sandbars and don't spend the day on the boat. I see the boat as transportation rather than recreation

So my question about tipping at the gas dock is are those people like me who use the boat as transportation rather than recreation tipping, and are the tippers the recreational boaters?

Or, am I just cheap and need to get with the times?[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
My boat is the same... strictly transportation back and forth to the island, and I always tip a few bucks if I'm gassing up at a marina. On one occasion, I realized I had no cash, and I told the kid I'd get him the next time . I went back a few days later and handed him 2 bucks and said " I'll bet when I left the other day you were talking **** about me! " He laughed and said Noooooo! [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk