View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 04:20 PM   #32
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
The state does not own any of the alcohol. Brokers rent space within a state owned warehouse. Once the alcohol is sold to a restaurant, the state then pays the broker 30 days later. I don’t know how payment is handled once it’s distributed to the stores. It wouldn’t surprise me if payment is not made until after the store has sold it.

Those affected immediately are the brokers/importers, but a year from now it will affect the producers.

I witnessed the most beneficial gain last night. The conversation around my tavern was robust. There was unity between my liberal guests and conservative guests. Haven’t seen that in a while.
Can't comment on who owns that inventory in the liquor stores, but to me it seems like a classic virtue signal and nothing more. Think the Russian government cares about vodka producers? About as useful as resolution that "condemns" what's going on. Congratulations but what does that achieve? Mention on the 6:00 news, and Putin chuckling as he keeps pushing on with what he's doing. Not saying I know the right answer either.

Without a doubt if there is consensus amongst both libs and cons regarding this matter, hell may just have frozen over..... but alas it hasn't because I'm sure while both may be in agreement this is not good, neither will agree on any kind of substantive measure in response. Again mentioning us buying oil from Russia when we don't need to now or ever.

Interesting times for sure...