View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 07:54 AM   #18
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
I like the idea of supporting local businesses, but booze is a bit different.

People develop a "go to favorite," and typically reorder the same thing.

How good are the local products, and is there a site that compares them to the competition (taste and price)?
Don't know about sites comparing others, but I can't drink beer but I love my whiskeys. And I have spent a lot of years "collecting" New England whiskeys, and some vodkas as well. I know have my "go to" bottles of whiskey that I always have in the cabinet, my wife must have Nashoba Valley Vodka in the house. As for whiskeys, Berkshire Distillery makes great whiskeys including a corn whiskey, Sweetwater out past Keen has a great bourbon and a maple bourbon that I have in the winter all the time (and I hate flavored whiskeys), Wiggle Bridge in Maine is great as well, and last year I finally made it to Tamworth Distillery and bought a bunch of different products.

I have been supporting local distilleries since before it was "trendy". If people look around there are a lot of local products that are superior to mass generated products. We also support a local dairy farm and get out milk there too. There chocolate cows make THE BEST chocolate molk EVER!!!!!!
Next time we are at the lake I will try to swing by and grab a bottle and some bites.