View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #7
MeEscape

Default Globe article is same old, same old

Actually I did read the entire article and the reason I was disappointed was that Mr. Levenson’s disclaimer was at the end of the article on the second page. Mr. Levenson clearly set his agenda in the first few paragraphs of his piece. As most realize, especially those in the trade, the majority of newspaper readers rarely read more than the headline and maybe the first few lines or a caption for a picture. Do you really think the articles on Boston.com are posted to be reviewed? Or that they represent journalism?

No, this was an article with one intent, dump on go-fast boats and avoids the real issue.

Most boats sold today will reach speeds into the mid thirties or above, a collision at 35 mph can yield unfortunate results. It is not the type of boat which kills, it is the driver who drives too fast or otherwise shows gross disregard for basic boating safety.

BTW, I have boated for over 50 years, day, night, weekend, and weekday, pre-season, post-season, I do not own a go-fast, and I boated all day today without exceeding 10 mph. Nice waves today!