View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 02:26 AM   #21
Laconiaflower

Smile Make friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH1322 View Post
Hi--
We will be vacationing in NH around Memorial Day. It will mostly be in the mountains, but we are allotting an afternoon in the Lakes Region, probably around Meredith and Weirs Beach. Would be interested in taking a captained boat out for a small group of three and a dog for about an hour. Really can't go beyond that both because of limited time and also because we will have a 1 year old and not sure how long he will be able to tolerate. Just enough to enjoy cruising around the water for a bit, seeing the town shorelines from a distance, etc. I have ruled out renting a boat on our own due to some discomfort of being a virtually zero-experienced boater in unfamiliar waters.

Does anyone have an recommendations where we might look for a service that is willing to do such a short outing and allow a dog on board? I have looked into EKAL but they have not responded yet, and Shep Brown but I don't think they would do such a short outing. I also found this website https://www.boatwinni.com/servicesandpricing/
but can't seem to find out anything/any reviews about the operator. I have also considered Experience Squam but I think would prefer to be on Lake Winni close to the towns we are visiting.

Any recs or other advice would be appreciated, thanks.
As a long term and full time lakes region resident, homeowner, and extremely familiar with the lakes and the boating world, I suggest you simply make friends with someone who has a boat!!!! And I am sure they would gladly take you guys out for a ride. Being active online as well as In The community, talking with people or relatives I am sure you will figure something out, good luck!!!! M
Heck, worst comes to worse, on your trip, go to beach (make sure that it is permitted to do so!!) and chit chat with someone about wanting to go on the boat, it is a friendly community, and people I. The boating community read each other fairly well, it’s all about connecting with people!!!! If you are an honest easygoing family many people wouldn’t mind taking you out for a “spin. “
I do agree with someone else’s posted response though, respectfully, do not assume or expect that a boating trip will only take one hour, most likely won’t happen, it is a 4-6hour thing on average, all said and done, and there is work to be put into it, so please understand and respect that.
Laconiaflower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laconiaflower For This Useful Post: