View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 05:19 AM   #17
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loub52 View Post
Whether boating on Winni or driving in the NH lakes region, Verizon coverage is very reliable. The coverage maps on each each carriers web site tell the story. Your overall costs will obviously range depending upon on how you pay for your phone hardware (cash, finance) and various discounts available relative to monthly service charges.
I posted about this elsewhere, but I think a fair amount of the issues people with Verizon were facing last summer (and end of previous summer) dealt with deprioritization rather than signal. I know with our prepaid, data access was essentially zero for the 4th of July week. Calls and texts were (usually) ok, but streaming music, etc. was impossible, and I spent enough time troubleshooting and working directly with Verizon to discover--not that they'll tell you--that their network gets overloaded in that area. Add to that well-documented 5g upgrade issues, and I'm confident that Verizon isn't nearly as reliable as it once was.

ATT has been as good as Verizon most everywhere I've been and better in our part of the lake.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: