Thread: Wow trail
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 12:01 PM   #209
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Why do the WOW folks want to put an existing business out of business? Why is it the WOW folks cannot co-exist with the RR? oh wait... it is all about the $$$! The RR existence makes the WOW trail too expensive to build! Then perhaps they shouldn't build/extend the WOW trail?

Lets not forget it is the same stupid City Councilors who decided to buy the Colonial for way too much money, proceed to sink way too much into the rebuild (because HEY its good for downtown) but will not spend any $$$ addressing the parking issues downtown! On the upside, good ole Rusty can step in, renovate the apartments above the theater, and make a fortune on the tax payers of Laconia! WOOHOO!

Woodsy
I agree. If they want the trail so badly (FYI I am near the trail and would actually enjoy it) raise the extra funds PRIVATELY and have them coexist. It is not fair in any way for the trail to put the Winnipesaukee Scenic Rail out of business especially when it has been an asset to the area for years. I sure many in favor of removing the rail would not like it if someone was trying to put them out of business for a walking trail so some other recreational issue.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote