View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 08:44 AM   #78
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
This was our first year in a coastal slip as well. We had done quite a bit of ocean boating previously, but always in a trailered boat.

We miss or Winni friends, the warm swims, and all the close together and wonderful ports, but everything else about coastal boating is awesome. We love that we can leave our slip and make a 7000 mile loop (Great Loop + Downeast Loop) that allows for overnight stays in protected waters every night (thus the ability to wait out bad weather with ease), with only a mile of overlap.
I grew up on the ocean, lived in a ocean town, grew up boating on the ocean, although never over night and in smaller boats. Then discovered Winni and love it but I understand the allure of the ocean and it does have so much more to offer for serious boating. My compromise would be Champlain. Very large, overnight boating at anchor, mountains, warmer water than the ocean for swimming and maybe close enough to do on weekends while working. I have not boated the Maine coast but think that would be awesome also. However, so far my favorite over night boating experiences have been catamaran sailing in the carribean, there are mountains, the weather is spectacular, the water is warm, awesome beach bars and secluded overnight anchorages, incredible snorkeling.

what do you have for a boat now on the ocean?
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote