View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 10:56 AM   #17
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Thanks to all for replying to my post. It's a great advantage to have so much knowledge and info. at your fingertips by joining this forum. Based on what you guys have told me, I think my wife will try to launch at the Center Harbor launch. We only have a 50 go Merc. for power. Based on that and the fact that we have no experience on the lake, we better stay in calmer waters. I didn't realize how rough the lake really is in spots. Thanks again for all the help.
The Lees Mills/Greens Basin part of the lake is probably the most calmest waters on the entire lake. It is a very well protected area. Yes, Moultonborough Bay can kick up if it's extremely windy and/or a lot of boat traffic, but I wouldn't let that concern you. All of the "big" bays can kick up if it's windy and/or a lot of boat traffic, ie: Center Harbor, Meredith Bay, Alton Bay, Paugus Bay, etc, etc, but the Lees Mills area will never kick up to the point that a 50hp can't handle. You can always turn around and have all the water between Moultonborough Bay and Greens Basin to enjoy if it's too rough to get through Moultonborough Bay. That area of the lake is bigger than it looks on the chart, and you can easily spend a day cruising around getting to know that part of the lake. I have navigated that part of the lake with no problems using only the Bizer chart. Everything is well marked, and I find fairly easy to navigate. I would highly recommend checking it out, and I would also highly recommend having at least the bizer chart for ANY part of the lake you decide to launch on. Good Luck and enjoy.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cal Coon For This Useful Post: