View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 11:42 AM   #19
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Default I'm sure i'll regret responding to you, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I'm not trolling at all. The models that caused us to shutter in place have been wrong. The Chinese coronavirus is nothing more than a bad flu year. In 2017-18, the U.S. suffered between 46,000 and 85,000 deaths from the flu with 500,000 hospitalized. The combined deaths from Chinese coronavirus and normal flu will fall within this range. What did we do in 2017-18? Nothing! This is a media- and social media-driven event. Yes, it is to be taken seriously, especially for people who have compromised immune systems, but we cannot shutter our economy and effect everyone.

We need to follow Sweden's model, and get all Americans back working. If you or someone you love is compromised, then be careful, while the rest of us get back to work.
If I'm hearing you correctly, many more people have died during "bad flu years" than will die during this pandemic.
So... maybe logic would dictate that every year we should practice social distancing, unless, of course, you want to accept a menial 46k-85k U.S. deaths per year!

My point?- No, don't just accept a death count- If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem!
The Following User Says Thank You to JEEPONLY For This Useful Post: