View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 12:58 AM   #15
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I'm a car guy who started with a Plymouth Barracuda and finished with 5 BMWs, most of them stick. So gas was in my veins, but I can only say you need to try it before you feel sorry for yourself. EVs are not just for tree huggers. The instant torque gives you a jump off the line better than anything short of an exotic. The self-braking motor--as you lift your foot off the accelerator the motor spins in reverse to recharge the battery--gives you an even better sense of control than a clutch. It feels like you're piloting a spaceship rather than trudging over land. For a person who loves performance and control, gas engines are yesterday's news.
I agree. Don’t miss fumes and oil changes one bit.

I started with a 69 Dodge Charger.
Had Audi’s and VW’s all with sticks.
Never buy another VW / Audi after diesel gate.
Never got sucked into a new “Pony” car.

Had a Model 3 Performance. I liked it a lot but it was a bit loud on the highway and stiff suspension got old. Switched to a non performance Model X, much more comfy. So much less tiring driving up to the lakes on AutoPilot.

Absolutely amazing vehicle. Makes everything else seem so archaic. When I drive my wife’s Volt I’m all over the road, I’m so used to the car doing the driving. Incredible in the snow too.

I love doggie mode.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote