View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #275
Farfrumbehavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbaby View Post
FFB - I do not believe that people have lost interest in the issue and moved on; it is far from that point in the area that I live in (SE NH). There are a LOT of MB stores here, and people are still wholeheartedly boycotting, employees are still working, and it is still a main topic of conversation.

I am also shopping at Hannaford because their prices are the closest to MB that I can find in the Exeter area. Good deals? Sometimes. However, I don't think those will continue if MB is eliminated; my take is they are creating goodwill for the displaced MB shoppers, in hopes we will continue shopping there even if MB gets back to normal. I will admit, the employees there have been great, noticing when I (and many other people) appear "lost" because we don't know the store and helping us find things.

All of that being said, I am respectfully disagreeing with your statements and hope that your feelings are not widespread.
I hope I'm wrong and things get back to normal for everyones sake. My comments are only a general feeling I get from just a few people in my area, when the subject came up. Based on the number of new post and what little talk I hear on the subject, it APPEARS that many people have lost interest . The general feeling I get is that most people have come to terms with the fact that it is very unlikely tha ATD will be back (opinions) and things will be back the way they were before this all happened. The decision to shop back at MB may be decided by factors other than thier great bargains. It does bother me that they have not been more loyal to there employees or customers but the decision where to shop may come down to a matter of convenience in the end. The road I drive to Hannaford is very rough but there are no traffic lights. I think many MIGHT agree that the great deals are over! Respectfully. At least we are still interested!