Thread: Farm Island
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 12:34 PM   #146
Wifi-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Owen View Post
thank you all for your input. The mission is only to follow local and state law. Farming is allowed. Commercial use is not.

For financial benefits the camp entered into a conservation easement. This easement specifically stated that the cannot build a structure like this. It also says the won't bring power boats to the property. They do bring power boats to their portion Farm Island violating there own easement. They do not properly dispose of human waste and say they do. I only want the laws followed. Please understand.

The records should be understood. The Town has approved the subdivision, but camp Belknap has sued the town and appealed the towns decision. I am buying Farm Island without the subdivision finalized but with the ability to restore the six bedroom cottage (and i will preserve the 1906 status). In the future a structure will be built closer to the water as the 1906 structure is 600 feet from the water. I will be tapping trees for maple syrup and possibly growing Christmas trees.

I have three children. They and their friends will enjoy Farm Island no matter what Camp Belknap tries next. I may sell one lot to only offset the exorbitant costs triggered by Seth Kassels. Other than that the rest is up to my children.

Thank you all for your input and information.
Having this notarized and added to your deed as a condition of ownership might help too
Wifi-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wifi-1 For This Useful Post: