View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #5
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydinlik View Post
I am very new to boating. I recently purchased a 21 foot pontoon. I try to make sure the weather is good and calm for a newbie like me before i go out. However couple of time the weather got windy suddenly and scaring me and my kids. Today the boat took water a few times. One of the waves was so violent that it bent and popped the aluminum plate in front door out. I was fast but not too fast, maybe 15 mph. The boat has 90hp engine so it doesn't go so fast anyway. We live in broads so i can't avoid the open area.

Do you guys have any advice about when we should go out for boating for weather? Todays weather shows 10mps winds abd 15 nohs gusts. Is that too much for me?...my be i am not driving the boat propoerly? Yes i have a boating license.
I've got a 20' tritoon that replaced a 20' pontoon. The key with the length is weight distribution, especially with only two logs. If you were nosediving like that today, you probably had too much weight up front. I'm not out there to know how big the swells are, but there's not much I can't get through in my 20' tri with the right distribution.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links