Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 09:25 PM   #613
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Maybe she'll find an island home and be Mama Lucy's II? Stranger things have happened on Winnipesaukee.
When you start thinking about places that could accommodate a 66 X 22 vessel the number of options is very small. Off the top of my head I know of no island docks that are capable of handling a vessel this size. Then there are the associated issues, such as where would any customers dock their boats.

As far as a different mainland location, the size again presents a problem. When you eliminate the commercial locations that would not want the competition for the food business the list gets even smaller. Thinking about the whole lake, there are few docks that the Dive could fit at, even if they were welcomed.

The booze cruise idea might help the bottom line if they could find a town or any location where they could temporarily dock to allow passengers to board. That would have to be a location with substantial parking. Laconia has already said no, (they didn't even want the Tiki Boats to pick up passengers there) and it may be difficult to find any other town that will approve it.

Although it is a unique idea, given the initial investment, insurance, and operating costs, the numbers just don't seem to me to be workable. I could be wrong but I would be surprised if it is still operating by 2020.