View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #198
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
What a smarmy buffoon. Lady, if this is indicative of what our kids are facing in school, I take back everything nice I have ever said about teachers.
First off, I do not and did not criticize anyone’s grammar or misspelling. I make enough mistakes of my own that I’d not risk looking the smarmy idiot that you did…except maybe when Girlhopper writes those Swahili messages with no nouns and seven adverbs. Had you taken the time to look, you’d see that the misspelling was in the originally quoted article, and it is customary to “sic” such errors so others know that you are not the one making the mistake. Your smarmy hate is clouding your senses. Take a chill pill and think before you write. Assuming that is within your ability.
Secondly, you are dead wrong about my punctuation. If you were an English teacher, shame on you. My period is obviously the end of the sentence starting with “Since he was…” and belongs OUTSIDE the quote. Had the phrase inside the quote been a complete sentence, then it might have deserved an ADDITIONAL period inside the quotes, but you need to go back to school lady. If you are going to criticize, make sure you know what you are talking about first.
Thirdly, Your “You’re” mistake is worthy of keeping a third grader back. What grade did you teach? What grade did you finish yourself?

You have the nerve to "smarmily" chastise Sam about being smarmy and tell him to “PAY ATTENTION!!!” for pointing out your error when he was so unsmarmily polite in the way he pointed out the irony of your HUGE booboo in your high and mighty post that was itself erroneous in the first place? Notice his lack of those smarmy smilies that frequent your smarmy posts?

Luckily, I was blocked last night. My response would not have been so tame as Sam's, and my attitude has mellowed since I read it last night. You made a complete idiot out of yourself and set your profession back a full century. You and the rest of your Simian cult need to get down from your smarmy pedestals and look in the mirror.

Lady, If I were you I’d change my screen name and start over. “Egg on your face” is the least of your problems.

And where's your list of Supporters that have abandoned me? Was that just another of "you're" lies? And where's that promised apology for saying I lied about Girlhopper's PM?

Holy C---p! The pot calls the kettle black (the white kettle at that). I don't know where to begin with this one. Smarmy young boy, you are the epitome of all that is wrong with our public school system. That is, assuming you even "grajiated" 3rd grade.

Amen
No...two members (see above)

I think I saw this cigarette boat on Winnipesaukee a couple of years ago, before the speed limit. Is he one of your cult? Did he vote on your "poll"?;
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...7RlLGo2mH3wSmO

And when is someone going to post that documentary you guys made?
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...&postcount=153
I'm gathering that it did not show what you had hoped. As I found out, four hours of boaters behaving civilly is pretty boring to watch.

And one more thing;
I had promised myself I was not going to get dragged into doing the homework for a group of cavemen who are incapable of typing "google.com" in their own address bars. There have been numerous high speed boating accidents on Lake Winnipesaukee in recent years...(before last summer when there were none - coincidence?). Do you own research as I have done and reported to the legislature already. Here is a lesson. Go to Google and type in "Wolfeboro Donzi accident". You'll hit this http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/293022-post4.html This guy was not drinking, and violated no laws. Luckily, he only killed himself this time...a real rarity when the driver is the one killed. Had some poor slob been out there in a sailboat and had this guys carcass come crashing into them, they might have unfortunately been killed too. But then you' say "But he violated the 150-ft rule too...so it doesn't count.". (note the two periods Hazel?) I could post links to many other similar Winnipesaukee events from before we had an SL, but it is not my job to be your researcher. Besides, you'd think of imaginative reasons why those ones "don't count".(note the one period Hazel?) For instance, if I linked you to the two separate times boats who witnesses said were speeding ran aground on Eagle Island at night, you'd say; "But one of those pilots did not have permission to use his dad's boat anyway and the other might have been looking at an obsolete chart.". (not the two periods Hazel?) Take the blinders off. You guys are DEAD WRONG but too blinded by yoru selfishness to ever see it. A crowded lake required by statute to be available for all modes of appropriate recreation needs a reasonable limit on the speeds of the multi-ton boats that have recently invaded it and which are often piloted by immature cowboys...period.
WOW!

Well I guess I'm joining the ranks of those who put el on the ignore list.

Seriously though Don? Has this crossed a new line? Sexist comments? In the almost 10 years I have been posting and reading this forum this is about the most offensive post I have ever read.

Even though it is directed at me personally I am not offended at all. The source isn't worth the time of day. But generally speaking Don, this is wildly offensive and hateful.

All I can say is WOW!

FYI elchase:
http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp

You sir are an idiot.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/gramm.../quotation.htm
In the United States, periods and commas go inside quotation marks regardless of logic.