View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #193
NoRegrets

Don't give up yet! We still plan to boat for a few more weeks.

I thought this was an SL forum not a grammar test. It seems like the goading tactics are working. I am trying to understand the logic or benefit of flooding these posts with random boating related fatality stories.

We could list the gory details about plane crashes – Result – Outlaw airplanes, no need to spend on airports and fear of future catastrophes.
We could list the horrible gory details of motorcycle fatalities – Result – Outlaw motorcycles, no more motorcycles to create these horrible events.
We could list the horrible stories of animal attacks – Result – No one allowed to go into the wild.
We could list the horrible Dog Attack stories – Result – No more pets.
We could list the horrible divorce stories - Result – No more marriage.
We could list all the crimes created by guns – Result – Outlaw guns so only outlaws would have guns!
We could list the accidents of mountain climbers – Result – Law against mountaineering.
We could list the horrible stories on politicians that legislate to constrict freedom – Result – No more politicians! – Okay this one does have value!
I could go on but need to work to pay my taxes so the government can create programs to help save someone else’s universe.

At the end of the process of eliminating danger and fear we can all be satisfied by reading about our forefathers and wonder what they were thinking when they actually challenged themselves to take risks and conquer fear. I am not of the opinion that anyone that does not support the SL desires to bring fear to anyone. Fear is created by not knowing a potential outcome. Boneheads, uneducated, and Darwin Award candidates create unpredictable encounters.

I believe we need to respect the rights of individuals that seek to own or use larger or faster vessels on one of the best publicly owned NH lakes. It has always been used for many different recreational purposes and one of the best attractions is the dirversity.