View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 03:57 PM   #30
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Gilford Walmart has about five different quality automobile floor jacks and the least expensive is something like $30, only it probably weighs maybe 50-lbs or something, a lot heavier than this $79.99 Harbor Freight all aluminum jack. Is so lo-price because it probably made in lo-price Chinese lo-punishment prison factory where Chinese people get sent for saying wrong thing on internet.

Does anyone keep a floor jack in their car in case they ever get a flat tire, or do you just keep a 20-oz can of the $6.46 Super Tech tire sealant & inflator with coil hose.

Does this stuff really work if you got a flat tire, and this can will actually bring it back to real drivability, or what, and it is needed to raise up the tire with a jack before using the $6.46 can?
I would not keep a hydraulic jack in the car.

The "Cheap" Chinese jacks, like the one from Harbor Freight are fine, but they are half aluminum and half chromed steel. That will eventually rust. I have one almost identical. I like it. But it's not a true aluminum racing jack. Which I also have and is about $400.00

The reason I don't carry a Hydraulic Jack is several reasons. Sometimes hydraulic jacks leak. Sometimes they can get air bound and you have to fiddle with them to get them going again. Especially when not used regularly.

Both my cars have no spare or jack. So I bought a plug kit for both cars and this jack below. I also have the fix-a-flat but it won't work on my summer tires because they are foam lined for road noise supression.

The jack is made by Porsche and came with older vehicles. It weighs nothing, can't leak, can't get air bound and takes no room. I paid about $100.00 for it on ebay.

The photo is it lifting my 5500 lb Model X with ease.

mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote