Thread: Forum Fest 2008
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 08:39 AM   #47
Happy Gourmand

Default Negative Attacks

Posted by SA Meredith
"Flash forward to the Saturday morning that a negative review was written about Waldo Peppers..."Whoa, my Heavenly God, though shall not fault thee famous Waldo Peppers...damn thee to eternal fire..yee evil poster" was about the gist of all the regular forum members posts as the day unfolded.
And it was funny..because the negative post turned out to be truthful and accurate. But in the beginning, it was OK to just dis-regard the posters negative review, and chastise him...he was attacking "one of our own".
The inconsistencies just drove me crazy....so I just felt compelled to react."

SA, You were the first to come to my defense shortly after I posted my comments and was thoroughly flamed and attacked by some of the frequent posters. I was called a liar, among other nasty names and was even denigrated and lambasted for my choice of user name, not to mention that I was a "NEW" member and as such, obvioulsy not a forum regular which seemed to make my comments and opinions without merit. I thank you for piping in and defending me and my comments even before many others posted in agreement with my review. After so many agreed with my comments, indeed some continued to attack me for chosing my user name, saying that I should drop the "Phantom" and stating that I am not a gourmet. I never claimed to be, nor do I make that claim now. But please, don't tell me what I am NOT when you don't even know who I AM. That is name calling at its best.....or worst!
To those of you who will choose to continue your propensity to dismiss and/or attack comments made by newer members of the forum, try to remember that most of the posters, new and old, do so without an agenda and with no malice or other negative intent. It seems pretty easy to smoke out those who post otherwise.
The old saying that "if you have nothing good to say, then don't" pretty much defeats the purpose of a forum whose title asks for reviews of local restaurants. Indeed, this forum, like others, should foster an open and honest discussion of opinions about local eateries....they aren't always positive....but they are opinions...nothing more...nothing less.
Let us all try to be more respectful towards others who may not share our views.
TPG
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote