View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 10:15 AM   #1
tonyvisone

Default 6 Foot Dock Decking Issue

Hi all,

we have a 6 foot wide x 25 foot long aluminum dock in great shape but it needs new decking. I want to change it over to one of those plastic “thru flow” types but its become quite the task. I am wondering if anyone has found a decent material for a 6 foot wide dock. Thank you!!

Here are the issues I’ve had so far. The plastic deckings only come in 3, 4, and 5 foot widths (by 1 foot long). I could use two 3 footers to make the 6, but my dock has beams at 0, 2, 4, and 6 feet. No center support. I can add one, sure. But then the materials say to support every 18 inches which it would not be. And the screw holes wouldn’t line up with my beams. Also the 3 foot sections are really a half inch under 3 feet so I wind up missing one inch between the 2 sections.

I wanted easy removal as well, even though we used a water circulator, but it seems as removing these would mean a few hundred screws that will strip out after several installs. This is a lower priority issue. Something that had a border and just drops in would be great. Customization is expected.

Yes I know we can stick with wood or trex but that is last resort.

Thank you!!
tonyvisone is offline   Reply With Quote