View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 11:39 AM   #79
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by map View Post
Oh yes.. I get it. Where we used to live in the rurals we did not even have a police dept! We relied on state troopers who were 20 minutes away!

But as we will be home most of the time anyway I am not too concerned.The main thing is that a siren will go off and our neighbors are shoulder to shoulder with us as well.

Like I said- we might get a camera at some point- maybe one inside. Or maybe just use my husband's deer cam.
My wife and I were house-sitting for my parents one time and came home late in the evening. After tucking in, the house alarm started going off. The loud nose freaked us out, but not as much as finding the back door to the porch open. The police arrived, having been triggered by the Brinks automatic report, and they searched the house with no finding.

Some time later, the alarm sounded again but, since I was still awake with adrenaline, I got to the alarm pad before it triggered an automatic police response (Brinks makes a quick call first, to make sure it's not an error).

The back door was cracked again and we walked the house and found nothing. We dead-bolted the back door, shut the alarm off, and went to bed.

The next day, Dad told me the back door latch had been malfunctioning for a while!

We won't have an "alarm" anytime soon--my experience is that a "you're on camera" or "protected by" is just as useful without the midnight freak-outs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: