View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 01:31 PM   #48
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
From what I have heard firsthand, the newer "hyper heat" split systems work extremely well even in extreme cold. Honestly how often does it get to -15...did it ever get that cold around here in the past couple years?? If that is a concern you could always have a couple of plug in baseboard heaters for that one or two days you MAY need them for a couple hundred bucks or less, then put them back in the closet when done...or have a couple baseboards permanently installed if you don't mind the look. The savings on the mini splits would certainly make up for any added cost which would be minimal.

I am having a Mitsubishi Hyper Heat unit installed now in living space (1000 sq ft) over a detached garage I am having built as my only heat source and have no second thoughts about doing so. We shall see...

Dan
Let us know how well it works. I've been thinking of installing one for heat and AC.
I know a couple years ago on New Years eve it was -5 with a 20 mph wind, which made it feel like -25, and I had all I could do to keep my place at 68 degrees with a heating system and a wood stove, and my house is well insulated.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote