View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #35
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Several things

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
This IDEA keeps coming up. Just a reminder..People have been corresponding by mail....via letters..in print..handwriting..for Centuries. WHY would the internet be any different.

Is it because internet is INSTANT and people don't take the time to THINK..before responding.................NB

PS: In those OLD days we never had Smiley Faces...
The internet is instant gratification, or indignation, or consternation... type what you want, and hit the "enter" button.... bingo it is gone from your keyboard and on that Wide World Web for all to see.

User names help people to say things they may not always say if they had to hang their names on each posting. Think back to "letters to the editor" and almost all were signed with the writer's name (even today).

Entitlement... I belong to a website, or a forum, and therefore I can say what I want.

Lack of respect: I see this on this forum, and some others, but I also see it away from forums. I do not agree with some of the things that get posted on our forums, and I may post a differing opinion, but I do try not to drag out my disagreement. Maybe not all the time, but I sure hope I do most of the time. Old saying: We will just have to agree to disagree. In the real world rather than the written world, face to face, I would hope that we can shake hands and move on.