View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 08:37 AM   #85
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
So read through this thread quickly.... I haven't been to any of the common man restaurants in several years now.... Nor have a been to any of the restaurants owned by Magic Foods Restaurant Group.... Both Corporate entities have taken the charm away from eating out in the lakes Region. They have taken control of so many places, that they can charge and do charge astronomical prices... Unfortunately the State of NH is in pretty deep with the Common Man Corporation, allowing them to control the Rest Areas......Which simply makes maters worse

Both these Corporations are aimed at one thing fleecing the Tourists.... and thus also fleecing the locals.... After spending 20$ on 2 hot dogs, chips, and 2 soda for my son and I likely 7-8 years ago, I swore I would never eat in a common man establishment again.... I have held true to my word.....
I know what you mean—I hate chain restaurants with a passion—but one thing I appreciate about both entities is that their establishments are clean and usually serviced well and, most importantly, offer unique styles in each and reasonable portions and pricing.

The seafood platter I got yesterday was $36. Pop's, which I consider the pinnacle of fried seafood, was $35. Though Pop's was overall better, I was not disappointed at all in Town Docks'...and the atmosphere was better.

Now, three years ago I ordered scallops at TD and got a tiny plate of bay scallops—that was the last time I'd eaten there since this week.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote