View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 09:26 PM   #26
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts
Default Believe it or not

In the early 90's, we were looking for a new (replacement) boat. We started in Atlantic City, because we were there on other business. Donald Trump was there for similar business, except he came with the "Trump Princess", (282 ft I think). I bought a Trump Princess polo shirt with heavy gold embroidery in the shape of a seahorse as a souvenir. After the AC boat show, we started moving up the coast stopping at marinas along the way, shopping. Loved that 34' Tollycraft. When we got to Newport, RI, we decided, unknowingly, to stay at the Goat Island Sheraton. That was Thursday, dealer night prior to the Newport Power Boat Show. Again, unknowing, I was wearing khaki shorts, boat shoes and my new "Trump Princess" shirt. Wherever we went in the hotel, we saw/heard people following and whispering. They thought we were Trump's advance crew and that he was coming to the show as was the Princess. We, of course, denied everything, which only added to the story. We didn't know then how much fun it was to be famous.

As Hillary says, "At this point, what difference does it make?"

Just a fun memory of seeing "The Donald" in AC and having a little follow on in Newport.

In a presidential sense, this is a guy who knows where he wants to go, where this country should go, and how to get there, with no BS about it.

Good to have somebody with an appreciation of boating. (I'm sure the 'Princess' had boats aboard that were 'our size'. Princess later sold to somebody n Japan for $110MM. Similar price to our boats, give or take a decimal point or three.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post: