View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 10:04 AM   #8
fatlazyless

I go in to Heath's Hdwe for their 3/one dollar Lindt chocolate truffles ..... next to the cash register there ...... you know those round chocolate treats wrapped in brite foil ..... and sometimes end up buying for $5 ... an "oops" returned quart of a $22 can of Ben Moore paint ..... another case of unhappy customer, paint color remorse .....omg!

"It is fantastic, hi-quality paint ..... I just hate the color!"

It sure is a good thing the great big Town of Moultonborough has lots and lots of wealthy folks nearby to support that very well stocked, local, hardware store, because it could not survive with customers like me .... but I do appreciate it being here .... and go in there ... not too often?

For me, it's Lowe's and Walmart, and Walmart actually has danged good, Glidden paint and a great little aisle of fasteners, hooks, and steel mending plates, but nothing in stainless. Hyper Tough tools and .... other stuff by Hyper Tough ...... a Walmart brand to believe in .... like for $135 .... a perfectly good 10" 15-amp table saw with a sturdy 4-legged stand, and the Plymouth Walmart has 3-10" saw blades-Hyper Tough for about 14.99, a 3-pak with three different carbide blades .... not sold at the Gilford store.

Maybe someday, if my Troy-Bilt 24" snowblower ever totally drops dead, I will actually go to Heaths' and order up an Ariens 24" Compact for like $899 ..... in my dreams ...... no, that will only happen in my dreams and never happen ..... you know there's a Laconia guy on Parade Rd-North Main St who has a ranch house right on the road who has all these Troy-Bilt and Craftman snowblowers that he brings back from the grave .....he parks them out by the road ....and you can buy a decent machine for like $200-250-300 ..... his price points ..... and if it breaks down again ....you just take it back ... and it gets fixed good .... the Darwinian method of sno-blow'n!

Say-hey ..... Heath's used to have free coffee in a very nice, red and white, high density foam, Tru-Value coffee cup ..... and then this free coffee was discontinued maybe 2-yrs ago ...... if they want to revive it with an Ace free coffee cup ..... I'll be sooooo in there buying their 50-dollars gallons of paint and a $500 Makita chain saw ..... and stainless screw eyes for 2.89-each .....just revive it with the free Ace coffee ... and I will be back with the big green stuff ..... aka ....... t-h-e b-i-g m-o-n-e-y ..... all those potential customers ....... all for that free 'Ace is the Place' quality coffee?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-13-2019 at 12:45 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote