View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #4
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL-AltonBay View Post
Over the years I have heard about a hiking trail along the back side of Mount Major from Jesus Valley Rd that starts closer to the summit and is shorter and easier. My husband and I are not in the best shape but would like to start hiking again, easing into it with a simple trail that's not too steep or long.

I have done some research and found this trail is called the Beaver Pond Trail of Mount Major (http://belknaprange.org/maps/Belknap...jor_042515.pdf), but someone told me recently that last time they tried to hike it (2014?) it was washed out and may not be fixed.

Has anyone done this hike recently? If so, are the trails in good condition? Are they easy to navigate?

Where is the trailhead, is it marked on Jesus Valley Road? Is there a parking area?

Any information or suggestions on this trail would be appreciated! I would love to try it this weekend for the first time!
Have you tried the Rattlesnake trail on Squam? An easy hike with a spectacular view. If you are just getting back into hiking this may be a good hike to start with. Good luck. Please let us know how your hike goes.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post: