View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 12:45 PM   #36
rainman4744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
Unfortunately, we have seen time and time again, what I consider "false" reviews for various businesses that do business in the Lakes Region area. Some were employees trying to help their business and chose to post fake reviews and others are actual "business owners" trying to sell themselves. There have been several over the course of the last year on this very forum.

To have 400 reviews for "The Downtown Grill" in Wolfboro, NH suggests to me that there is some padding going on. Known or not by the owners, I take that into consideration too. In fact, it takes away from the positive.

Edit: This is not specific to that particular restaurant. I am not familiar with them. It is a general statement for ALL businesses.
As the former owner of the Downtown Grille Cafe in Wolfeboro I have to say that we worked very hard for each and every one of those reviews. No padding needed, I explicitly requested that my friends, family and employees not review us or any of our competitors in town as I felt that was unethical. 400 hard earned reviews over 8 years, we were truly blessed to have some fantastic customers walk though our doors every day.
rainman4744 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rainman4744 For This Useful Post: