View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 06:24 PM   #29
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
Unfortunately, we have seen time and time again, what I consider "false" reviews for various businesses that do business in the Lakes Region area. Some were employees trying to help their business and chose to post fake reviews and others are actual "business owners" trying to sell themselves. There have been several over the course of the last year on this very forum.

To have 400 reviews for "The Downtown Grill" in Wolfboro, NH suggests to me that there is some padding going on. Known or not by the owners, I take that into consideration too. In fact, it takes away from the positive.

Edit: This is not specific to that particular restaurant. I am not familiar with them. It is a general statement for ALL businesses.
It's a shame you have such a cynical opinion of people. I agree that there's a certain amount of content (good & bad) that can't be trusted on social media, but I think it's a much less significant amount then you perceive. To suggest a restaurant in this region can only amassed a total of 400 reviews on three web sites, each used by 100s of millions, is to rely on fake postings, leads me to question your credentials for cyber forensics. Hospitality by far receives more Internet reviews than any other business.

Nonetheless, I didn't bring reviews up in this thread to debate their validity, I introduced them because of the impact they have on taffic and the value of the traffic generated by them.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post: