View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 10:12 AM   #13
codeman671

If you want an English bulldog you will most likely blow the 30 pound limit. We have one now, and have had 2 previously, the smallest was 70 lbs. My current porker is over 80. Stick with a frenchie.

Bulldog breeders, mainly for English, are tough. Stay away from most of the ones in NY. We got one from a pet store years ago (yeah yeah, I know) and we almost lost her due to pneumonia as a pup. Once that was cleared up she was great, lived to be 11 1/2.

Our second one died at 5 1/2 of lyme. We got him from a breeder in New Bedford, Mass. She was great and really cares for her dogs.

Our current one came out of Texas. Reviews on them seemed pretty good and the deal was smooth, but we were very suspicious. They were Mexicans for sure, and I think probably a prettied up puppy mill. I think he was younger than they said. When he arrived he was pretty sick, although he had been checked out by a vet down there. He has had cherry eye, a common bulldog problem. Just had our second surgery to correct it, and its still not looking great.

Awesome dogs though.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote