Thread: Wolfeboro Inn?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #62
gokart-mozart

Default Just Honest Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo View Post
Why keep hammering a place when they are down? I'm new to this forum, but I see a lot of people really hitting T.W.I. really hard. Maybe people are piling on? Never been there but I am willing to give the a try, and my post will be 100percent honest.
I don't think people are piling on. TWI is an important property in the community, and its success or failure is important to more than its owners.

Since they re-opened, the restaurant (Wolfe's Tavern) has repeatedly had problems in a town with several other good-to-great restaurants. Comments are (hopefully) helpful to management in trying to right the ship.

I've been there twice in the last month, once for breakfast and once for dinner.

Breakfast was great - service, food, and efficiency all A+.

Dinner (with 5 kids) was not so good. We were not greeted for five or so minutes, in effect standing in a bar. We got a nice large table but no waitress was assigned to our party, so it took 35 minutes to be greeted and to get menus. This gave me plenty of time to observe the venue. Waitstaff appeared incredibly stressed and were verbally complaining to customers about their tasks. The food was only fair - for what the food was,I thought I overpaid. I ordered a pizza (after the long delay I was hungry, and how can you screw up pizza?) It was horribly - greasy, bland, and lukewarm at best.

So - how's the Inn? Mixed notices is the best I can say, and, in a town where you can walk into the Bayside, the Restaurant, or Garwoods and never have a bad experience or a bad meal, I fear they may be running out of time.

There's SOMETHING about the staff that's a problem. I don't know anything about running a restaurant, and if I didn't know Wolfeboro I'd say, "Hick town, country bumpkin losers with Yankee reserve, what do you expect?" - Except I DO know Wolfeboro, and I know that the waitstaff at the competition, including two restaurants that have opened in the past year, are superb. The Inn draws from the same labor pool, so that's not it.

I'm afraid I have no constructive suggestions about what to do. If it were my problem to solve, I'd get a world class greeter, stand in the kitchen so no bad food went out the door, and try to stay in business until summer.
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gokart-mozart For This Useful Post: