Thread: Wolfeboro Inn?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #15
camp guy

Default Wolfeboro Inn

I have read a lot of your posts in the past and you are generally right on target with your comments, and you certainly are with respect to your most recent post about the Inn. I wrote the post just before you, so there is some coincidence with the two. Sadly, I spoke with Karen Beranger several times, and nothing seemed to happen. The bar at the Inn has been going down hill for a number of years, long before the renovation. The clientele is predominately local drinkers, stopping off after work to get half in the bag before going home to whatever homelife they have. Actually, a very sad situation, reinforced, I'm afraid, by the somewhat unprofessional behavior of the bar tenders. Over the years the bar has been a place to drink, chat up a bar tender, and maybe get lucky. This is certanly not the style of citizenship the Inn should be fostering if they expect to attract families. Furthermore, drinkers usually don't spend much, if any, money on food, and the chances of them returning with family and friends for an actual meal are slim.

Sorry to rant on like this, but your post about simple common courtesy just got me going.

My best to you during this Holiday Season.

Last edited by camp guy; 12-03-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: I meant to say this is directed at Merrymeeting
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post: