View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 06:25 AM   #66
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
There are 8 sources there, and if you search you'll find it's the reality--local business owners have also posted about the difficulty in the past.

Listen, I'm not being snarky because I enjoy it, but confirmation bias is a real thing that's affecting America (the world?) and Americans' abilities to have real conversation. When someone posts "Pocahontas" or an obviously biased article/source, any real potential in that discussion is immediately destroyed because it's immediately not open-minded. I, too, am at risk for confirmation bias, but I try my absolute best to be aware of it.

That being said, the Lakes Region is struggling big time with employment--Red Hill Dari opened late with limited hours, Faro just closed, the AT&T store closed, The Bob House and Canoe almost always have tables they can't sit, etc. etc. We really need to start having serious conversations about solutions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
That’s all well & good. My point was that these knee-jerk reactions to blame Trump for EVERYTHING have no basis in reality. Forgot all this stuff, go out in the boat, grab a cold drink and have a great day on the water!
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post: