Thread: Market turmoil
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 01:29 PM   #59
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

My values have changed over 63 years on this planet. In my younger days I voted what I thought was best for me and my families financial future because of financial pressures.
My thought process has absolutely changed over the years now that I'm financially stable. I understand people make choices based on financial stress. Money is usually the #1 motivator in any endevor. When those financial burden's are lifted you tend to think more rationally.
I'm on the back 40 now so I like to think that what I do from here on in will make a difference in future generations for all of us not just the next 5 or 10 years.
Social media today has taken our society to a scary "follow the heard" level. In this new world we are being told the news affiliates that we all came to trust are reporting "fake" news and the only real news feed is Twitter.
As the OP of this thread the only reason I asked the original question is I would like to buy a waterfront property but prices are over inflated, IMO. I have a place now with water rights that I'm perfectly happy with but if prices come down I would buy a waterfront home and just rent the one I have now for income. The thread kind of went in a different direction than I anticipated and I'm sorry for that.

Last edited by Biggd; 02-13-2018 at 02:05 PM.