View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #124
tntm_71we

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHGuy View Post
Tom Mullen has mentioned in two separate posts that a “Wave Fence” would be necessary to protect the mooring field, docks and sail boats from winds from the northeast, north and northwest. Not knowing what a “Wave Fence” was, I searched the Web and found the following. A “Wave Fence”, commercially called a “Wave Brake” is a floating device that is deployed similar to a “swim line”, except that it is approximately 6-8 feet wide and 3-4 feet high (see picture). Reviews of the Wave Brake are mixed; it does reduce wave action, but at the same time it also reduces line of sight from the beach. Especially from a seated position. The manufacture also warns of danger to swimmers. The device is heavy and in rough waves could injury a swimmer. Also there are a number of “pinch points” that could cause injuries to a swimmer trying to hold on to the device.

The "Wave Brake" would be deployed from the beach (near LSP) and run out (north) approximately 150 yards, then west paralal to beach until it hit the Scenic Drive shore.

[ATTACH]4893
NH Guy,

While this is a wave fence, it is in now way similiar to the fence we're suggesting would work at the Sailing Center. Please contact me at 603-759-2510 and I'll arrange to show you the plans so you will have a clear picture of what we are proposing.

Regards

Tom Mullen
tntm_71we is offline   Reply With Quote