View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 06:42 PM   #5
Winilyme

Default Two Questions

Regarding Atlantic Broadband:

1. How in the heck do you get hold of them? I've tried calling and on-line chat. In each case and on multiple occasions I get put on indefinite hold. And I mean INDEFINITE HOLD. As in an hour or more followed by me hanging up in frustration. This goes well beyond 'we are extra busy due to COVID' and is firmly entrenched in 'we are a rude and inconsiderate company that doesn't care how long you are on hold for'. I never experienced this issue with Metrocast. I have a (hopefully) simple billing issue.

2. I currently have their standard issue combo modem/router that I use for Internet only. I'm being charged $5.00/month for the off season plan and have been doing that for the past five years. I recall it was cheaper to do that than have them come out each spring to restart my Internet (which was the only other choice). Therefore, I assume I'm paying $5.00 to simply keep their modem/router at the cottage since I can't imagine they need to come out in the spring for any other reason if I were to purchase my own modem. So if I buy my own modem, will they discontinue the monthly seasonal fee and not need to come out in the spring to get things going again?

Thanks!!!
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links