View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 12:11 PM   #57
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Clark's Bears in Lincoln/Woodstock has their www.whitemountaincentralrr.com which has a 1943 GE 65-ton diesel locomotive that was used by the Newport, Rhode Island railroad as well as a fantastic Climax steam locomotive that huffs and puffs big black smoke and hot white steam www.clarksbears.com/attractionsTrain.php and goes choo-choo-choo ..... which is one hell of an incredible old steam loco!

What you will NEVER see running along the Winnipesaukee Railroad is a steam locomotive, nor the Clark's Wolfman, either, just won't be happening here. For a FUN train ride, you need to go up to Lincoln and visit Clark's Bears, or go to Thompson and Meserve's Purchase at the western base of Mt Washington to ride www.thecog.com which is a truly astounding train ride up and down Mt Washington.

Riding this Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad www.hoborr.com/winnipesaukee-scenic-railroad/ is about as interesting as eating a day old, stale doughnut and falling asleep ........ it is unbelievably and totally BORING and the passenger coaches smell funny ...... what's that smell? ....... did someone take a flock of sheep on this train, or what? ....... t-t-trust me on that! ....

Is much better to remove these nine miles of basically never-ever used steel tracks and wood ties and build a 12-foot wide, soft gravel, rail trail designed for walking and riding a bicycle.
I disagree! While I'm a big fan of reviving non used railroad beds for rail trails. I'm against closing any tracks that still are being used by a business just to provide a place for you to walk and bike ride.
If there comes a day that the scenic railroad is no longer a viable business then that will be the time to look at building a rail trail.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post: