View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 02:17 PM   #18
laketrout

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
Maybe Laconia should do something about bringing business to the Weirs. We've gone over to the Crazy Gringo on Friday night because Meredith is packed. We never have an issue parking the boat because people arent interested in what the Weirs has to offer. At least they dont get the boater business like Meredith does.
I live in Laconia and when we go out on the boat we skip right past the Weirs and head straight over to Meredith. Unforunately there are not enough reasons to stop in the Weirs most of the the time. The railroad is fun, drive in etc. but not to much else.

Merdith In my opinion is a lot cleaner and has more to offer in terms of restaurants and shops that are family freiendly. Weirs beach , all be in quaint needs a TOTAL Overhaul and a Master plan by the city of Laconia that I pay $$$ taxes too.. Or individual business investors with incentives from the city. But what will happen is a private group will turn the whole Weirs into upscale condos or housing. Is there a master plan for the Weirs? Or just kick the can down the road.

Unfortunate to see the Weirs Beach languish in mediocrity year after; year same ole stuff, I'm not talking bike week either. It's really to bad that the City of Laconia doesn't invest or plan more for the Weirs, the area on the water has so much potential.
laketrout is offline   Reply With Quote